March Madness seems to get better every year, and the 2022 version has not disappointed. Some favorites have dominated, while others have been dumped out much sooner than expected. Every tournament needs a Cinderella, and Saint Peter’s is one of the most heartwarming underdogs in recent memory. This tournament has shown that anything can happen, and US bettors have had a great time trying to predict these games and sometimes making great profits.
How the Premier League works
The English Premier League (EPL) is known as one of the most important, and widely followed soccer competitions in the world and, unlike other soccer leagues, there are at least six big teams that seem to be in a position to fight for the championship in recent years. Namely, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, and Tottenham. Considered by many to be the most exciting soccer league in the world, the voetile nature of the top-heavy league and dynamic, fast play makes it more challenging for punters to be accurate with predictions on when betting on the English Premier Leauge. Still, with the right knowledge, tools and strategies, there are some great chances for exciting wins.
One good thing about the English Premier league is the wealth of information available, tools, statiscts and advise. It is important to understand however the basic before diving into the detail and placing bets on the English Premier League. So we have gathered for you some key facts, bet types, the competition system, among other topics, to help you to better understand the betting world surrounding the Premier League.
The EPL started in 1992 after replacing the Football League First Division, and 20 clubs play it in a double round-robin system that consists of 38 rounds. Every season goes from August to May, and each club plays the other clubs twice, 19 games at the home grounds stadium, and 19 away games at their opponents’.
The EPL competition works as follows:
· Teams are ranked by total points that are awareded based on each game, then goal difference, and finally goals scored.
· If a tie exists in the three categories, the teams will sit on the same position. The championship, qualification to European competitions, or relegation need to be defined, in which case a play-off match takes place at a neutral stadium.
· The top four teams quality for the UEFA Champions League, directly to the group stage.
· The fifth team qualifies for the UEFA Europe League group stage.
· The sixth team qualifies for the UEFA Europe League qualifying rounds.
Promotion and Relegation
The English Premier League and the English Football League Championship (EFL), which is the second-highest tournament in the English football league system, share a promotion and relegation system which works as follows, where at the end of each season:
· The three EPL clubs with the fewest total points are relegated to the EFL.
· The two top clubs in the EFL are promoted to the EPL.
· A third club is promoted to the EPL after winning a playoff round between the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth clubs in the EFL.
Photo Credit: Toby Melville/Reuters
Types of Bets and Essential Facts
There are several types of bets in the Premier League betting markets, with the main ones being:
· Match betting or 1X2: Also knowns as three-way betting, is the most common bet you can place on a specific game. The “1” is betting on the home team, “X” for a draw and “2” for the visiting team. Thanks to a fair distribution of television rights, more than in other leagues actually, smaller teams can afford better players, which increases the competition level and makes things more interesting. So there are more chances for any one team to beat another. In the English Premier League, statistical averages give the home team an average of 45% chances to win a match, 25% of matches will result in a draw, and the visiting team has a 30% probability of winning.
· Correct score; this is an fun bet to place. In the Premier League, 15% of goels are scored in the last ten minutes of the match, and near the 19% after the 80th minute.
· Over/Under goals betting; in this market, you can bet on the total goals scored for both teams in each game. The predicted total score will be published by the sportsbooks, and you will have to bet whether the match will end with more or less (hence “over” and “under”) than that score. In the English Premier League, on average 10% of the games ended 1-0 and another 10% in 1-1 being the most common results in Premier League history. The best odds are set usually for +2.5 goals paying between 1.5 and 1.7 times the bet placed.
· Both teams to score; the Premier League has an average of 2.83 goals per game, which makes it the second-best league in that category. The style of play also favours the data. In Premier League, teams play directly, always looking for the goal as quickly and, consequently, there is a good number of goals per game.
· Match goalscorer; who will score in a particular game? You can put your money on any player of each team, consider that the better the player, the lower the odds.
Long-Term Bets in the Premier League
Before the season starts, you have many ways to find bets with high odds which are long-term bets. During transfer windows, teams run against each other to acquire the latest world-class players, so there are lots of entries and exits, including coaches. These changes make can have an imparct on the potential and possibilities each team will have during the season. This provides you with many opportunities to find high odds if you are willing to try. Some of the best long-term bets are:
· The champion or Premier League title odds; Leicester City, winner of the 2015/2016 season, started with a 5000 to 1 odds to win the title, this shows how higher odds can get the beginning of the season. Odds are set for each team from top to bottom, that is, the favourite to win the title gets the lowest odds and so on.
· Relegation odds; you can place your bet before or throughout the season as any long-term bet, choosing which team will be relegated at the end of the tournament. In this case, the most likely team to leave the Premier League has the lowest odds.
· Top 4 odds; this represents the four teams that will be qualified to the next season Champions League group stage. In this bet you need to predict what clubs will occupy the Top 4 spots at the end of the season.
· Top Goalscorer; since the 2000/2001 season, the top goalscorer comes from one of the six biggest teams in the Premier League. This data makes it easier to predict which player will be the next top goalscorer. As an alternative for this bet, most bookmakers also offer odds about the top goalscorer in each team, which although having a lower payout, is probably a safer bet.
You can also try handicap bets. In handicap betting, the bookmaker turns a sporting event with variable odds into a more even betting plane. This, by giving to a side an advantage, or disadvnatge in order to create a more even playing field.
· Handicap 1X2, you can usually obtain a handicap between +5 goals and -5 goals, and there is a chance for a tie. For example, in a match between Liverpool and Aston Villa, if you chose Liverpool to win with -1 handicap and Liverpool wins 1-0, then the final result with the handicap will be 0-0, and will be marked as a draw in terms of the bet. So even though you had bet on Liverpool (which was the favorite in this case), you will lose the bet.
· Asian Handicap, in this type of bet, the possibility of a draw is ruled out. Another difference is that with Asian Handicap you can obtain options in decimals, for example: +0.25, +0.50, +0.75, etc.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Online and Live Betting
Big bookmakers allow you to modify your bets during a match or even start betting after a game has begun. The differences between placing a bet before and after the kickoff is that the odds will possibly be adjusted during the match, for the bookmaker to eliminate their risk. So the odds that you will find prior to a match start will no longer be available in live betting. The most common bet type in live betting is result 1X2 and total goals, and also available are Over/Under, handicap, rest of the match – current score, both teams to score, correct score, among others.
Also, you can settle your bet as an exit strategy to reduce potential losses if things aren’t going your way. In football, everything can happen and knowing the English Premier League last-minute goals stats; sometimes, it is wise to cash out early, close a bet and cut some losses. For example, continuing with the Liverpool-Aston Villa example, if you placed a £100 stake on Liverpool to win 1-0 at a 1.5 odds, but after 75 minutes the result is 0-0, and one Liverpool player is booked with a red card, the expected result does not look good, right? So if you settle your bet in this instance, you will be able to recover a portion of the initial stake. The cash-out terms, times allowed during the game, etc. will depend on what the bookmaker has on offer.
What to Look for When Betting Online
As crucial as it is of course to choose the right markets, bet types and odds, there are a few more things you need to consider before placing your bets online. Nowadays there are thousands of licensed bookmakers online around the world (nearly 100 in the UK alone), so finding the right bookmaker may require some thought.
These are the main things to look at when choosing an online sportsbook:
· Select a Trusted Bookmarker: Ask yourself the following questions:
o What are the deposit options available?
o Does the this sportsbook offer initial deposit bonuses?
o Does it offer bonuses for redepositing funds in an account?
o How difficult is it to withdraw money from an account?
o How many different markets and options are available to bet on through this sportsbook?
· Read Online Reviews: The abundance of independent online reviews forces bookmakers to comply with the rules, pay winners, and provide professional and helpful customer service. Each review should contain information that includes available deposit methods, bonuses they offer, sports that cover, and the different betting options. Many of these reviews were written by punters like yourself, so read them carefully and for good or bad: learn from other people’s experience.
· Check for Competitive Odds: Different sports-betting websites will provide different odds, and as in every competitive market, the customer that shops around will get the bets deal. So make sure you look around and check the odds. Most odds will be published on the specific sports-betting website, however you can also go and find helpful comparison sites that allow you to compare odds side by side.
· Customer Service: Any serious and reliable sports-betting website will have a physical address on its website, along with information on how you can contact its customer-support teams, through phone, email, live chat on the website and more. Most will also have social media presence and will use it as a customer service channel (e.g. FaceBook, Twitter, etc.). And lastly, most sports-betting sites will have an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section on their website offering resources, information and help. Check all of these, and it will give you a good idea on how much this bookmaker cares about its customers.
· Available Resrouces: Good sports-betting sites will offer their punters a wealth of tools and information to make educated bets. Have a look at help pages, statistics, guides, blog articles, tips, stragetigs and more.
The Beautiful Game of soccer is played all over the world, and the English Premier League is considered by many is the most beautiful league of the beautiful game. This is why the EPL has global following and admiration, far beyond the UK and Europe. So no matter where you are in the world, taking part in the exciting betting on the English Premier League (as long as you are within the legal jurisdictions that allow sports betting) is a great way to join the action, and a chance to win some money too!
Sugarhouse is owned by Rush Interactive, which is one of the most prominent providers of online sportsbook and casinos in the country. In 2016, SugarHouse launched it online casino in New Jersey, joined by its online sportsbook in 2018. Since then, it became a leading casino and sportsbook for Americans. Check out their fantastic bonuses, games and bets available, and see yourself why when it comes to casino and sports betting in the USA, Sugarhouse is a Powerhouse
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
With February officially coming to an end, NCAA basketball fans are gearing up for perhaps the biggest March Madness in recent memory. Now more than ever before, there seem to be upset every weekend. Not only that, but college basketball betting has also grown exponentially in the past twelve months since the Baylor Bears won their first national championship in program history. With the hype now starting to build and Selection Sunday less than a month away, sports pundits have been speculating who they believe will bring home the trophy in 2022.
December has Christmas, January has New Year’s Day, February has Valentine’s Day, and March has March Madness. The time has almost come for the US’ favorite college sports tournament. The nation’s full attention falls on those teams that qualify for the tournament. Over the years, millions of Americans have taken part in local brackets on who will win March Madness.
SPORT BETTING APPS
Sports betting has always been an exciting way for fans to buy into the sport, in a way participate and add another dimension of thrill and excitement to the competition, match or any sporting event. With the evolution of remote betting first to phone, and later on to online betting, remote sports-betting not only became available to a wider audience, but also added a whole new level of excitement and magic to sports betting. Today’s mobile sports betting apps, which are readily available on both Android and Apple, are on the front line of technology, and alongside an exceptional slick and user friendly interface, opens to sports betting punters an entire universe of sports events, odds, games and features such as live streaming and in-play betting. Are you into NFL? Are you an NBA fan? Maybe your thing is baseball so you would like to bet on MLB? Or perhaps you are into world sports and want some European Premier Soccer betting? The mobile sports betting apps bring all of this amazing action to your mobile device, so you can bet on what you want, from wherever you are, at any time you choose to.
Are you a casino player? Did you always love casino, the atmosphere, the thrill and excitement, and most importantly the dream and sometimes reality of big winnings? You no longer need to wait for your next trip to Vegas, or wherever it is you are planning to go to a casino. Mobile and remote casino gambling has now entered to US, and it is here to stay. Already live in New Jersey, and closely followed by other states, Americans can now join the fun, download a casino mobile app from one of the top, legal and certified US casinos, and have all the magic of casino from their mobile device. Are you a BlackJack player? Or maybe you are into Roulette? Maybe Baccarat or Craps are your game, or are you a fan of slots? Whichever game is for you, you will find it on the mobile casino apps that are now becoming legal and regulated across states, and enable you to have your own private casino on your mobile device. It is legal, it is exciting, and it is magic.
For many, slot machines are the most thrilling part of the casino. The lights, animation, sounds and action take you into another dream world, where you can win huge prizes, jackpots, bonus rounds and what not. The Mobile slot apps that are now available in the US provide the world’s premier slots, all made regulated and fully compliant with the US regulations and laws. So you can safely and securely download the slots mobile app to your mobile device (where it is legal to do so), and have the most amazing slot game experience coming to life on your mobile phone. Are you into progressive slots where you get a chance at winning an amazing jackpot, or perhaps you are into an animated video slot that has branded content with your favourite movie, TV or music stars? All of these amazing titles are just a swipe away, all available on your mobile phone by downloading the mobile slot game app.
A lot has changed since the first games of poker were played along the Mississippi River in the 1800s, with Poker becoming a worldwide phenomenon, crossing the boundaries of a card game and considered by many a sport, with tournaments, leagues and champions. Being a game with friends or a professional tournament, the online revolution turned poker to be a game that is played and followed by billions all over the world. And then the latest stage of the poker uprising which is the mobile poker apps, which enable you to access any kind of level, tournament and game from your mobile phone, no matter where you are in the world, and what time it is, you can join in the poker fun and excitement and play against other poker enthusiasts like you around the globe. Poker is now coming home again, and becoming legal to play remotely state after state in the USA also. So now Americans can already download a safe and legal mobile.