Types of Bets and Essential Facts
There are several types of bets in the Premier League betting markets, with the main ones being:
· Match betting or 1X2: Also knowns as three-way betting, is the most common bet you can place on a specific game. The “1” is betting on the home team, “X” for a draw and “2” for the visiting team. Thanks to a fair distribution of television rights, more than in other leagues actually, smaller teams can afford better players, which increases the competition level and makes things more interesting. So there are more chances for any one team to beat another. In the English Premier League, statistical averages give the home team an average of 45% chances to win a match, 25% of matches will result in a draw, and the visiting team has a 30% probability of winning.
· Correct score; this is an fun bet to place. In the Premier League, 15% of goels are scored in the last ten minutes of the match, and near the 19% after the 80th minute.
· Over/Under goals betting; in this market, you can bet on the total goals scored for both teams in each game. The predicted total score will be published by the sportsbooks, and you will have to bet whether the match will end with more or less (hence “over” and “under”) than that score. In the English Premier League, on average 10% of the games ended 1-0 and another 10% in 1-1 being the most common results in Premier League history. The best odds are set usually for +2.5 goals paying between 1.5 and 1.7 times the bet placed.
· Both teams to score; the Premier League has an average of 2.83 goals per game, which makes it the second-best league in that category. The style of play also favours the data. In Premier League, teams play directly, always looking for the goal as quickly and, consequently, there is a good number of goals per game.
· Match goalscorer; who will score in a particular game? You can put your money on any player of each team, consider that the better the player, the lower the odds.
Long-Term Bets in the Premier League
Before the season starts, you have many ways to find bets with high odds which are long-term bets. During transfer windows, teams run against each other to acquire the latest world-class players, so there are lots of entries and exits, including coaches. These changes make can have an imparct on the potential and possibilities each team will have during the season. This provides you with many opportunities to find high odds if you are willing to try. Some of the best long-term bets are:
· The champion or Premier League title odds; Leicester City, winner of the 2015/2016 season, started with a 5000 to 1 odds to win the title, this shows how higher odds can get the beginning of the season. Odds are set for each team from top to bottom, that is, the favourite to win the title gets the lowest odds and so on.
· Relegation odds; you can place your bet before or throughout the season as any long-term bet, choosing which team will be relegated at the end of the tournament. In this case, the most likely team to leave the Premier League has the lowest odds.
· Top 4 odds; this represents the four teams that will be qualified to the next season Champions League group stage. In this bet you need to predict what clubs will occupy the Top 4 spots at the end of the season.
· Top Goalscorer; since the 2000/2001 season, the top goalscorer comes from one of the six biggest teams in the Premier League. This data makes it easier to predict which player will be the next top goalscorer. As an alternative for this bet, most bookmakers also offer odds about the top goalscorer in each team, which although having a lower payout, is probably a safer bet.
You can also try handicap bets. In handicap betting, the bookmaker turns a sporting event with variable odds into a more even betting plane. This, by giving to a side an advantage, or disadvnatge in order to create a more even playing field.
· Handicap 1X2, you can usually obtain a handicap between +5 goals and -5 goals, and there is a chance for a tie. For example, in a match between Liverpool and Aston Villa, if you chose Liverpool to win with -1 handicap and Liverpool wins 1-0, then the final result with the handicap will be 0-0, and will be marked as a draw in terms of the bet. So even though you had bet on Liverpool (which was the favorite in this case), you will lose the bet.
· Asian Handicap, in this type of bet, the possibility of a draw is ruled out. Another difference is that with Asian Handicap you can obtain options in decimals, for example: +0.25, +0.50, +0.75, etc.