The NFL wildcard round had it all for bettors. It had massive blowouts, recording breaking performances, and a few shocks. Many people came away with a tidy profit, while others were just happy at the excitement from betting on their favorite sport.
Having been banned in most of the country for many years, the USA is now opening its doors again to online sports-betting. And as such, online betting apps are increasingly being introduced and like many other apps that allow us to access and do things from our mobile phone, these gambling apps are increasingly becoming a big part of betting, and are here to stay.
The state-by-state regulation allows punters to use online betting apps safely and securely, and legalization is gradually evolving throughout the country. Currently, gambling apps are available in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and additional states are underway.
We gathered for you below a list of the 5 best sports betting apps that are currently available in the US markets.
SugarHouse Casino Sports Betting App
SugarHouse, belonging to parent company Rush Street Gaming, went live in August 2018 in New Jersey and launched a betting website, and online sports betting apps for both iOS and Android devices. Its sportsbook app operates under the NJ license of Monmouth Park.
In May 2019, SugarHouse launched the first legal sports betting app in Pennsylvania, and is looking ahead to launch in more states as legislation goes.
- SugerHouse App Interface and Features: The features of the SugerHouse online betting app are considered some of the best in the market, with detailed menus of sports events and easy navigation through betting types and wagers available for each. Navigation through the sport markets is very intuitive, but a bit simplistic and requires a lot of scrolling at times.
- Sports Markets and Events: Sugerhouse offers a diverse range, with all American major sports leagues covered, as well as College football and basketball. International sports include soccer, cricket, rugby and even darts. However local leagues are somewhat limited.
- Types of Bets Offered: You will find a huge range of bets on major sports are huge, it is impossible to list the different wagers the SugarHouse sports betting app offers. Including many events, parlay, live betting and anything else that you can think of pretty much. During the off season understandably, bet offers reduce considerably.
- Promotions and Loyalty: The SugarHouse sports betting app are very attractive. The iRush Rewards enables users of the betting app to collect points and convert them to wagers and prizes. It is a bit complicated to understand, but still a very competitive loyalty scheme. Bonuses are straight forward and easy to play through and redeem. One good one to note is the $250 welcome match-up bonus to new customers.
Bottom Line: SugarHouse is one of the first online betting apps in the marketplace. It brings a strong brand, good features, and many sports and betting options to choose from. International sports markets are a bit thin, and the VIP Loyalty program is complicated. Still, we recommend it as one of the best sports betting apps out there.
Hospitality giant MGM Resorts launched in New Jersey its own online betting app, initially in a partnership with its Atlantic City hotel Borgata and online gaming and gambling group GVC Holdings. However the two separated, and now MGM provides its own sports betting app and brand, BetMGM Sports.
With great reputation of the brand in general, and specifically being renowned for online betting in Nevada, BetMGM now has one of the leading sports betting apps in New Jersey.
- BetMGM App Interface and Features: The BetMGM sports betting app brings one of the most elegant user experiences, with a very slick look with a clear white background and gold and black menus. Everything just seems to be in the right place, with large icons of each sport to tap on and easily find your way. We especially loved the clouds that float on the screen and show special events and bets. Sometimes however, too much scrolling is needed for finding specific bets, so a few more sub headers would help.
- Sports Markets and Events: You will find all the usual sports markets to place bets on in the PlayMGM sports betting app. All of the major leagues of American and international sports are present. The best part we noted at the BetMGM betting app however is the wide selection of college sports, with NCAA football, basketball, baseball and even hockey.
- Types of Bets Offered: Moneylines, prop bets, parlays, point spreads and more of the popular bets are offered through the BetMGM sports betting app. The prop bet selections are great, and the boosted parlays was another one that hit our favourites list. The BetMGM app also offers betting on non-sports events (like which movie will win the Oscars), which adds some fun. Live betting on the BetMGM online betting app is not as good as others though, as it doesn’t have advanced features (such as handicapping), and shows very limited stats and live data.
- Promotions and Loyalty: If you use the iReward Points loyalty program on the BetMGM betting app, you will receive points that you can redeem in cash and bonuses, the rewards store and also MGM express comps which gives you discounts at MGM resorts. Still, the iReward program is geared towards poker and casino, and it would be good for more of the betting activity to be included. Bonuses are impressive, with new customers getting a no-deposit $25 bonus, and a 100% deposit-match bonus of up to $1,000. Still, the wagering requirements are pretty high, which makes the bonuses hard to redeem. There is also a great $500 risk-free bonus for new customers, where your losing bets will be returned (subject to T&Cs).
Bottom Line: the BetMGM sports betting app provides a great and sophisticated user experience that extends the MGM land-based brand of hospitality and gambling. We loved the slick user interface, the great and diverse range of sports markets and events, and the overall usability together with the look&feel of the online betting app (also a product of the partnership with online group GVC Holdings). We did feel that the bonuses and loyalty could have been more generous, and more aiming to betting than casino and poker.
Golden Nugget is synonymous with Las Vegas, Nevada mostly, but also very prominent in Atlantic City. As one of most well-known land-based casino brands in the country, it also joined the sports betting app revolution, and officially launched in New Jersey its online betting app in February 2019.
The Golden Nugget sportsbook is live with a desktop and mobile website, as well as sports betting apps on both Android and iOS operating systems. So, you can place your bets and follow up on the action by downloading the betting app to your iPhone, or any other mobile device.
- Golden Nugget App Interface and Features: This sports betting app seems to be geared towards the educated punter. If you are starting and placing your first bets, or you are an experienced punter that likes to be in the know – the Golden Nugget sports betting app is for you. The interface of this betting app is super friendly, and provides a lot of information and resources. Things are very intuitive and straight forward. Some things still need improvement though, for example the sports betting app loads the casino first.
- Sports Markets and Events: The selections for Golden Nugget are deeper than wider. The sports enthusiasts will get everything they need from this online betting app: football, soccer, baseball and all major sports are there. There’s also tennis, golf and some motor sports. However with Golden Nugget it’s more about the impressive amount of events available for betting with each sport, both national and international. Still, some competitors in the market offer a wider variety of sport markets.
- Type of Bets Offered: the options are good and diverse. The Golden Nugget betting app enables you to place live wagers during games, offers straight-forward moneyline betting, over/under, parlay, spreads and more.
- Promotions and Loyalty: These are great in the Golden Nugget sports betting app. The $1,000 match up bonus is very competitive and attractive compared to other betting apps in the market. The Golden Rewards Club loyalty program is also impressive, and has many tiers and ways to earn and spend Golden Points Rewards. Especially impressive is the invitation-only VIP Elite Club, which offers even a higher level of VIP membership and benefits for the Golden Nugget betting app users. However the risk-free $50 bonus is not as impressive, and difficult to use and redeem.
Bottom Line: Golden Nugget took the trusted brand and world-class gambling user experience from its land-base to the online betting app. The software and user experience is one of the best in the marketplace, loyalty programs are great and odds are competitive on many major events. It would be great however to see more sports markets added.
Resorts Casino is one of the first, and most established casinos in Atlantic City. It was opened in 1978, and now operated by a partnership of Connecticut-based Mohegan Sun and Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville brand. So it is no surprise that the Resorts brand in New Jersey and beyond is huge.
Still, Resorts comes from a casino DNA, and it did step out of its comfort zone, and in January 2019 launched a sports betting app in the New Jersey legal online gambling marketplace.
- Resorts Betting App Interface and Features: Like many things in Resorts Casino, the online betting app also seemed to be focusing a lot more on casino than sports betting. Still, beyond all the casino games and features in the app, you will find a very intuitive sports betting app that has a clean interface with good menus and navigation. The cashier, support and other basic features are accessed through the main menu, which is easy enough to find and access. The Resorts sports betting app also provides you with cool features such as live betting, a betting slip and more. It would still be great to have a separate, dedicated sports betting app, as opposed to the current one that is combined with the casino.
- Sports Markets and Events: Resorts gives you all the main markets, and some more international sports to be on also. The usual basketball, football, baseball and hockey major leagues of course. And if you would like to explore betting on other sports, the Resorts online betting app also offers bets on motorsports, hockey, Aussie Rules Football, and even combat sports. Some competitors offer some more exotic sports and leagues, but Resorts sure has you covered.
- Types of Bets Offered: the Resorts sports betting app offers a wide variety of bet types and options, which vary between events and games. You will find at Resorts in-play, pre-game bets, moneyline, over/under, spread points and more. What punters love at Resorts especially are the many player props (betting on player’s over/under stats), and the exclusive FastPicks, with player fantasy points also recorded in the bet.
- Promotions and Loyalty: Probably because of the casino background, the Resorts online betting app offers one of the best promotions in the marketplace, with a $1,000 bonus for new punters. The Resorts Rewards loyalty program is also one of the best in the market, with Resorts Points earned, and can then be spent either on the app, or at the actual Resorts hotels.
Bottom Line: Resorts Casino brought to the market an online sports betting app that can be used on both iphone an android devices. Like Resorts itself, the sports betting app is big on casino, and also offers great casino games and thrills. The sports betting side of things is of top standard in terms of technology and promotions, still possibly the next step for Resorts to consider is to separate the sports betting app from the casino, and create a dedicated online betting app.
Borgata Online Sports Betting App
Borgata Sports is the betting brand of the Borgata Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, in partnership with online betting and gaming giant GVC Holdings.
The brand was launched in New Jersey in May 2019, and now offers a sports betting app that is available to download on both iPhone and Adroid devices. The Borgata sports betting app was designed in conjunction GVC, which has many years of experience in mobile and online gambling. And it sure shows in the quality and user experience.
- Borgata Betting App Interface and Features: The Borgata Sports online betting app is exactly there for what it’s meant to do, no attempts to reinvent the betting experience, no unneeded gadgets and shiny features. It is just a very clean, straight-forward and intuitive sports betting app that is easy to use, and provides you with everything you need on a white, clean background with good menus for a simple navigation.
- Sports Markets and Events: You will find in the Borgata sports betting app many events to bet on, from major league baseball, basketball, football, hockey etc, to international soccer rugby, cricket and more. This betting app does provide a good selection of sports and events, perhaps less than competitors, however the extensive coverage of betting offers makes up for it.
- Types of Bets Offered: You will find plenty of betting options to choose from in the Borgata Online betting app. From point spreads, moneylines, over/under, futures, parlays, teasers and much more makes the Borgata betting app a very attractive one. Still, the in-play betting section in the Borgata app is standard at best, with limited betting options, and less features (e.g. very little in-game stats) than competitors.
- Promotions and Loyalty: Borgata’s loyalty runs into tiers called iRewards, and provide you with iRewards points on your bets and wagers. Loyalty runs through various VIP levels, from Red, through Red Plus, Silver, Black and Black Elite. The rewards plan is great as points can be converted to more bonuses, prices, and at the highest level even rooms in the Borgata Hotel. However, converting points can be a complex and hard to understand. The Borgata bonus is a $250 risk-free bet, meaning if you lose on your first bet on the Borgata betting app, you will be credited. Not a particularly generous bonus compared to competitors.
Bottom Line: Borgata Sports brought to the market a sports betting app that does what it says on the tin. A great betting app that is intuitive and easy to use, that will enable you to join in the sports betting excitement wherever you are through a mobile app that was designed to work for you, and not the other way around.
The sports betting markets and events that the Borgata app offers are very good and diverse, and the odds busters are one of the best in the industry. In-play betting still needs work, and the bonuses could be a bit more generous. But all in all, it’s one of the best online betting apps out there.
Sugarhouse is owned by Rush Interactive, which is one of the most prominent providers of online sportsbook and casinos in the country. In 2016, SugarHouse launched it online casino in New Jersey, joined by its online sportsbook in 2018. Since then, it became a leading casino and sportsbook for Americans. Check out their fantastic bonuses, games and bets available, and see yourself why when it comes to casino and sports betting in the USA, Sugarhouse is a Powerhouse
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
SPORT BETTING APPS
Sports betting has always been an exciting way for fans to buy into the sport, in a way participate and add another dimension of thrill and excitement to the competition, match or any sporting event. With the evolution of remote betting first to phone, and later on to online betting, remote sports-betting not only became available to a wider audience, but also added a whole new level of excitement and magic to sports betting. Today’s mobile sports betting apps, which are readily available on both Android and Apple, are on the front line of technology, and alongside an exceptional slick and user friendly interface, opens to sports betting punters an entire universe of sports events, odds, games and features such as live streaming and in-play betting. Are you into NFL? Are you an NBA fan? Maybe your thing is baseball so you would like to bet on MLB? Or perhaps you are into world sports and want some European Premier Soccer betting? The mobile sports betting apps bring all of this amazing action to your mobile device, so you can bet on what you want, from wherever you are, at any time you choose to.
Are you a casino player? Did you always love casino, the atmosphere, the thrill and excitement, and most importantly the dream and sometimes reality of big winnings? You no longer need to wait for your next trip to Vegas, or wherever it is you are planning to go to a casino. Mobile and remote casino gambling has now entered to US, and it is here to stay. Already live in New Jersey, and closely followed by other states, Americans can now join the fun, download a casino mobile app from one of the top, legal and certified US casinos, and have all the magic of casino from their mobile device. Are you a BlackJack player? Or maybe you are into Roulette? Maybe Baccarat or Craps are your game, or are you a fan of slots? Whichever game is for you, you will find it on the mobile casino apps that are now becoming legal and regulated across states, and enable you to have your own private casino on your mobile device. It is legal, it is exciting, and it is magic.
For many, slot machines are the most thrilling part of the casino. The lights, animation, sounds and action take you into another dream world, where you can win huge prizes, jackpots, bonus rounds and what not. The Mobile slot apps that are now available in the US provide the world’s premier slots, all made regulated and fully compliant with the US regulations and laws. So you can safely and securely download the slots mobile app to your mobile device (where it is legal to do so), and have the most amazing slot game experience coming to life on your mobile phone. Are you into progressive slots where you get a chance at winning an amazing jackpot, or perhaps you are into an animated video slot that has branded content with your favourite movie, TV or music stars? All of these amazing titles are just a swipe away, all available on your mobile phone by downloading the mobile slot game app.
A lot has changed since the first games of poker were played along the Mississippi River in the 1800s, with Poker becoming a worldwide phenomenon, crossing the boundaries of a card game and considered by many a sport, with tournaments, leagues and champions. Being a game with friends or a professional tournament, the online revolution turned poker to be a game that is played and followed by billions all over the world. And then the latest stage of the poker uprising which is the mobile poker apps, which enable you to access any kind of level, tournament and game from your mobile phone, no matter where you are in the world, and what time it is, you can join in the poker fun and excitement and play against other poker enthusiasts like you around the globe. Poker is now coming home again, and becoming legal to play remotely state after state in the USA also. So now Americans can already download a safe and legal mobile.