Unibet is a flagship brand of the Kindred Group, one of the largest operators in the online betting and gaming space, and widely known for its international brands and reputation for excellence in serving online punters globally.
The Kindred group is traded in the Stockholm Stock Exchange, employs around 1,500 people worldwide and is based on Malta. The group operates several online-gaming world-renowned brands such as 32Red, Bingo.com, Maria Casino, Stan James and many more. Unibet is Kindred’s main brand for sports betting, and is known globally for slick, mobile-first online betting, superior customer-service, fast pay-outs and wide coverage of global sports.
Similar to Bet365 and 888, Unibet is yet-another large international operator that is entering the US with all of its experience and know-how of the online betting and gambling world. Thus, Unibet launched its online sports-betting app and website in New Jersey, and is now following up in Pennsylvania and soon in more states.
Unibet entered a partnership with Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City for its New Jersey operations, so if works best for you and you are in the area, you can deposit and withdraw money onsite at the Hard Rock sportsbook as opposed to doing it online.
Looking the Unibet launch in other markets previously, the Unibet mobile app will probably be about slick and innovation technology, and massive coverage of sports and betting offers. So, how does the Unibet sports-betting app make ways in the US sports-betting market? We checked it out for you in this review.
Unibet Betting App Interface and Features
Unibet’s software and infrastructure is powered by the Kambi Group, which used to be a Business-to-Business arm of the Kindred Group, but went out on its own in 2014. What it does mean that to date, Unibet still enjoys a powerful technical-infrastructure that was built for, and with Unibet in mind. Kambi’s technology is proven to be strong, given it also powers the DraftKings Sportsbook in New Jersey, so Unibet hit the ground running.
The betting app interface, and entire branding experience for that matter, is very similar to Unibet’s worldwide brand, which is originally Nordic and has its influence from the clean, if not somewhat minimalistic design.
The Unibet green and white brand and logo colors are evident all over the Unibet betting app, with game options appearing pretty clearly. The Bet Slip opens in a black box will appear with the odds, potential payout and a clear, big “place bet” button. We also liked the “Bet Builder” feature, and the fact that you can place multiple bets on one slip. So far, we found the Unibet betting app very functional and intuitive.
We also found in the Unibet app a useful drop-down menu that drops down in black (again) over the app screen, and gives you the “Live Right Now”, and “Starting Soon” bets. Further down on this menu, there is the option to scroll down based on popular bets, sports markets, etc.
Like the rest of the Unibet sports-betting app, the “Live Betting” section is again simply laid out, with easy scroll down that gives you options to click on clear green keys (which show odds on them) of first scoring play, team to score, team to win and more. We were really impressed with the tons of options for bets, a lot more than the market standard.
Browsing through individual sports and matches, the Unibet mobile betting-app provides a layout that we really liked, showing odds and results on a tennis ground in the background, or soccer scores shown on a soccer field, etc. For an app layout that is mostly rigid and functional, this was a nice surprise.
We linked in the Unibet betting-app interface
- Simple and usable interface.
- Wide variety of bets offered.
- Functional betting slip.
- Bet builder feature.
Can be improved in the Unibet betting-app interface:
- Interface is boring and simplistic.
- Stats are connected to external link (doesn’t always work).
- At times a lot of scrolling down between betting options.
- In-play graphics and presentation looks a bit dated.
- Customer-support button hidden at the bottom of the app, doesn’t always show.
Unibet Betting App Sports Markets
As expected from a large, internationally-acclaimed sportsbook, the Unibet App gives a huge amount of bets available, and also many different sports markets to be on.
The most popular and prominent in the Unibet sports-betting app for the US market are obviously the major leagues, namely NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL, as well as soccer. Still, there are a lot of other sports, from the US and round the world.
These are the main sports markets we noted on the Unibet sports-betting app:
- Baseball (MLB, Mexico)
- Basketball (NBA, NCAA, FIBA World Cup)
- Cricket (T20 World Cup, International Twenty20, Ashes, etc.)
- Cycling (Tour de France, Vuelta a Espana, etc.)
- Football (NFL, NCAA, CFL)
- Hockey (NHL, World Championship)
- Rugby (Six Nations, World Cup)
- Soccer (MLS, EPL, UEFA, Italy, Spain, World Cup and many international and local leagues)
- Tennis (WTA, ATP, ITF)
- Golf (US PGA, European Tour, Champions Tour, Ryder Cup, etc.)
- Motorsports (F1, NASCAR)
- MMA (UFC, Bellator)
The Unibet sports-betting app probably doesn’t have the biggest variety of sports markets in the US mobile-betting marketplace. Still, there the huge amount of bets available for each sport and event sure make up for the missing sports markets.
Unibet Betting App Bet Types
As we already mentioned before, the Unibet sports-betting app has tons of bets to choose from, the most popular sports have many more betting options, including technical prop bets, and other exclusive offers.
The Popular Bets option on the Unibet mobile-betting app lets you pick a lot of the hottest-trending action, we found a lot of wagers based on Moneylines, Over/Unders, Totals and Point Spreads.
We found hundreds of Prop Bets on the Unibet betting app, across various sports. There were a lot of Prop Bets for NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and Soccer; however some less widely-followed sports didn’t have as much.
The Live Betting section in the Unibet mobile-betting app is fantastic. We found it easy to approach through the app menu that shows you all the current events that are happening in real time. It is also very useful to see the game statistics and live updates once you select a specific event.
There are also Future Bets, some great Parlay and other Multi-Betting offers and the really cool Bet Builder section which allows you to build your own Custom-Bets.
What we noticed and really loved about the Unibet sports-betting app was that there is something for everyone. The casual, beginner punter will find a huge selection of options to choose from in popular and straight-forward bets, just like the experienced bettor will find many special betting options, on both popular and niche markets.
The bets are easy to find on the Unibet betting app through the menu that although requires some scrolling at times, gives you a very comprehensive and straight-forward list of bet options based on markets, live events, about-to-start, popular sports and more.
Unibet Betting App Bonuses and Promotions
Unibet joined US sports-betting party a bit late (launched in New Jersey in September, 2019). As such, one of Unibet’s calculated moves to get noticed and capture market share is to offer many great promotions and bonuses, and get noticed amongst the other sports-betting apps.
These are a few of the great promos we found on the Unibet mobile app:
- $20 Free Bets and a $250 Risk Free Bet: We liked this bonus because it has a few steps, and like everything else in the Unibet app, gives you choices
- All you need to do is register, and if you are a new customer you will receive immediately 2 x $10 bets on your bet slip. Then simply add your sports markets, and your free bets are ready to use.
- For the second leg of this bonus, you will need to deposit in funds your account, place your first cash bet on any event, and if you lose Unibet will refund to your account the losing wager (up to $250).
- World Series Boost: Get a 25% boost when betting on the Baseball World Series.
- Weekly Parlay Boost: You can build your parlay with the Unibet mobile app and boost your winnings by up to 30%.
- $100k Pigskin Parlay: Place a $10, 6-team parlay on pro football, and you’ll have a chance to win a $100,000 bonus on top of the standard payout.
- Casino Bonuses: Want to play some casino games? The Unibet mobile betting app also has an awesome casino section! You can get a $10-free bonus just to try it out, and a 100% deposit bonus of up to $500 to play in the Unibet mobile app casino!
Bonuses and promotions do change on the Unibet sports-betting app, so we recommend you to check on the Unibet app or site periodically for new stuff.
Unibet Betting App Reward Program
One thing we did look for all over the Unibet betting app and couldn’t find information about was the loyalty and rewards program. Where can we read more about the loyalty program, points earned, how to redeem points, etc?
Shall we connect the dots ourselves and guess that it’s the Hard Rock Casino loyalty program, just because we know about the partnership? We would certainly expect more coverage of that important area from such an experienced operator as Unibet.
Unibet Betting App Banking
Unibet banking seems to be OK. It does cover all bases, and probably every customer will find it easy enough to get money safely and quickly in and out of their account.
These are the banking options we found on the Unibet sports-betting app:
- Unibet Prepaid Plus Card
- Online Bank Transfer
- Cash at Casino Cage
- Online Bank Transfer
- Cash at Casino Cage
So, Unibet is doing OK the banking front, however “OK” is just the baseline for a world-renowned operator such as Unibet. We definitely expect Unibet to build some more partnerships on the ground with banking providers that will give a wider variety of payment options.
Unibet, or the Kindred Group have been one of the big operators that had part in building and shaping the online betting and gaming industry globally, especially in the Scandinavian regions that have been leading the field in terms of technology, innovation and customer service.
Still, Unibet will need to make some adjustments to a market that is new, and very different from any markets Unibet (or anyone, for that matter) have operated in before.
But obviously, having Unibet come into the US market is certainly a blessing that will bring a lot of good to the customers and operators alike.
- Great variety of bets, many options for both novice and experienced bettors.
- Live-Betting section and features.
- Bet-Builder feature.
- App is easy to use, especially in finding the bet options.
- Attractive promotions compared to other betting operators.
- App design a bit dated, can use a facelift.
- Less unique sports than competitors.
- More unique banking methods would be a good edition.
- Information about the loyalty program wasn’t readily available.
04 October 2019
Having been banned in most of the country for many years, the USA is now opening its doors again
10 October 2019
Visiting a casino used to be part of a holiday, where you would need to fly, or at least drive t
12 July 2019
Similar to wagering on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl, it was thought of as unreal when former NJ