Written By: Ziv Chen
Being one of the most reputable land-based casinos in New Jersey, Borgata Casino from Atlantic City launched its online sports betting brand, BorgataSports in May 2019.
Borgata launched an impressive, state-of-the-art land-based sportsbook venue in June 2018, and the brand sure extends and builds into its remote-betting sportsbook, which includes a website/desktop version, as well as a mobile sports-betting app for both Android and iPhone.
The BorgataSports betting app is operated by a partnership made by online betting giant GVC and Borgata. Also adding to the mix the fact that MGM Resorts has purchased Borgata, and now operating the BetMGM branded betting app under the Borgata license, and we have a very serious and big player in the US sports betting app market.
Borgata’s sports-betting app is currently available in New Jersey, and soon in Pennsylvania and other states.
BorgataSports released their mobile sports-betting app into the market a year after New Jersey licensed remote betting. Being 15 in the queue for betting apps released did make Borgata fashionably late to the betting-app party. However, it’s pretty evident that the guys in Borgata and GVC did plan things carefully, and probably learned from other sportsbook-operators mistakes.
The BorgataSports betting app is very straight-forward, probably one of the most direct and simple ones we’ve checked. And when we say simple, we don’t mean simplistic, but rather clean, intuitive and simple to use. However, some players we talked to did find this betting app a bit too simplistic.
Starting with the menu and color scheme, we actually loved the clean and white background. With black writing on light-grey boxes. Everything just seems to flow, and unlike other betting apps we tested, there are not too many bits, pieces and data competing for your attention, which on a small phone screen can be too much for many bettors.
The top and bottom on the BorgataSports betting app have black menu header and footer, with drop-down menu at the top that will enable you to navigate and drill down for further information needed. Right below the header is a sub menu with big and clear icons such as “Home”, “Live” (for live betting), “Boosted Bets”, another icon for your favourite betting markets, etc.
The footer gives you the options for finding and placing your bets, through “A-Z Sports” (which lets you browse the sports markets) and “My Bets” and “BetSlip” buttons. The fact it was bolted to the footer made it very useful for us, so we can place and manage our bets from anywhere in the app.
The way drop-down menus are organized in the BorgataSports betting app is functional, however the menu boxes cover the screen when you click on a feature, and then show a sideway bar to further drill down, we found strange to the eye with sideway arrows, but nothing too confusing really.
The in-play (live betting) in BorgataSports is not shining compared to other betting apps in the marketplace. There are several events every day that are covered, but coverage is usually limited to the game wager and total point spread. Statistics and information for in-play betting is also a bit lacking.
We liked in the BorgataSport betting app interface:
- Clean, white colors, generous space that makes it easy on the eye.
- Simplicity and functionality of the app makes it one of the market’s best in usability.
- Boosted Bets section provides the updated, cool promos.
- “A-Z Sports” lets you easily browse bets by sports markets.
- The “My Bets” and “Bet Slip” lets you manage your bets from anywhere on the app.
Can be improved in the BorgataSport betting app interface:
- Some find the interface a bit boring and too simple.
- Not a lot of stats, information and features as in competitor betting apps.
- The live betting section is a bit limited.
- Drop down menus a bit strange with sideway arrows, and big boxes covering the screen.
- Would have been good to see more promotions, and suggested bets, not only boosted bets.
BorgataSports betting app offers a good coverage of the sports markets and events to bet on. There is a good selection of events, and various bet options offered on many, however some international leagues (e.g. local soccer leagues) had less coverage than other competing betting apps.
Still, as can be seen from the list below, unless you have a very particular taste, you will find all the bets you need in the BorgataSports betting app.
- Football (NFL)
- Basketball (NBA and international leagues)
- Baseball (MLB and local leagues, etc.)
- Hockey (NHL and other)
- College Sports
- Soccer (MLS, EPL, La Liga, and more international leagues)
- Formula 1
- Australian Rules
Borgata Bet Types
The selection of markets for the mainstream bettor, both experienced and beginner in the BorgataSport betting app is wide and there is plenty to choose from.
What makes things even more excited is the different types of bets you can place whilst using this betting app, for example:
- Point spreads (place a bet on a team to cover the spread, and win or not lose by a margin of points).
- Moneylines (bet on who will win the game, irrespective of the spread).
- Totals (over/under – where you bet against the total score of a game).
- Propositions (prop betting – bet on whether or not an event will occur within a game).
- Futures (bet on a future result of an event that will take time to be decided).
- Parlays (combine multiple bets to increase your odds).
- Teasers (reduce your risk by placing an initial bet, and then adjusting the line).
- In-Play (join the excitement whilst placing bets and cashing out during the actual sporting event).
All in all, with the combination of many sports markets and events, as well as many different types of bets offered on each, we found the BorgataSports betting app to have a solid variety of options to bet on.
Borgata Bonuses and Promotions
The Promotions for Borgata are very impressive, and competitive compared to the rest of the market’s sports betting apps.
The highlight of the BorgataSports app promotions is the Boosted Odds, where Borgata will offer you special bets on selected events and will boost your odds in your favour, so your winnings will give you a bigger payout, much bigger at times!
Note, that most of Borgata’s Boosted Odds are offered on Parlay bets, so you will need to bet on multiple events. Still, that also means bigger payouts in case you win. The boosted odds bets can be found directly on the app by clicking on the “Boosted Bets” key.
In addition, we found on the Borgata sports-betting app many more great promotions and bonuses, here are only a few examples:
- Risk Free First Bet Up to $300: a risk-free wager for new customers on the first bet you place on Borgata Sports.
- Risk Free Football Bet Up to $20: on college or pro football, all season long.
- Points Boost on Basketball: opt in and place a spread or money line bet over $25, and you will receive a free bet based on events, regardless of your bet outcome.
- Casino Welcome Offer: 100% deposit match up to $600, plus $20 on the house.
- Poker 100% Deposit Match: up to $600.
So if you are betting on sports, or you want to try some casino and poker, the Borgata Sports betting app has you covered with amazing bonuses and promotions.
The BorgataSports Loyalty program is based on the same MGM iRewards, with loyalty tiers that you earn based on points that are collected based on your wagering and deposits, and will be subject to different requirements per bets, casino type of game, etc.
The higher your loyalty tier is (going from Red, Red Plus, Silver, Black to Black Elite), the more loyalty points you will earn per wager.
iRewards points can then be used for bonuses, gifts in the iRewards store, cash, and even comp points for rooms, food and entertainment at the Borgata Casino and Hotel.
Being a long-standing, reputable land-based casino brand in the US, and now part of the MGM Resorts Group, the Borgata sports book offers a wide range of payment methods for you to deposit funds, and withdrawal your winnings.
All in a quick, cost-efficient and safe way, with the great Borgata Customer Service that is standing by to assist with any question or need.
The banking methods are available to use on the Borgata sports-betting app:
- Visa and Mastercard (both credit and debit cards)
- Borgata PayPlus
- ACH (echeck)
- Online Bank Transfer
- Pay Near Me (at 7-Elevens in New Jersey for example)
- Borgata Casino Cashier (at the Borgata Casino in Atlantic City)
- VIP Preferred Program
- ACH (echeck) 5 Business Days
- Check 5-8 Business Days
- Neteller 24-72 hours
- Borgata PayPlus 24-72 hours
- Borgata Casino Cashier (Borgata Casino in Atlantic City) 24 hours max
- VIP Preferred Program 24 hours max
We were especially impressed with the fast withdrawal methods, both on site at the Borgata Casino, and through other remote methods (e.g. Neteller, Borgata PayPlus).
Borgata Casino entered the remote betting market in New Jersey relatively late, but is rumoured to position itself as an early entrant into additional states as they regulate. Being part of the MGM Group, having GVC as its remote-betting partner, and all the experience and infrastructure of the Borgata Casino and Sportsbook itself in Atlantic City, make BorgataSports one of the best sports betting apps in the US market to date.
- Clean and simple-to-use app.
- Bet boosters and more great promotions.
- Good poker addition
- Great range of casino games.
- Fast and easy withdrawal methods.
To be improved:
- App lacking some features and a bit dull.
- Statistics and information limited compared to other competitors.
- Live, in-play betting section still needs more offers and bets.
- Some betting markets don’t offer some of the smaller leagues.
- The rewards program is a bit unclear on sports betting.
27 June 2019
Launched in 1997 and renowned today as a veteran player in the US sports betting world, 888 is a glo
17 October 2019
Bet365 originated in the seventies in Stoke on Trent in the UK, but businessman Peter Coates.
26 August 2019
American gambling and hospitality giant MGM Resorts International has set out to compete in the digi