Since opening its doors in 2003, Borgata Casino has been one of the prominent, most profitable and recognized casinos in Atlantic City, and has been one of the hallmarks of New Jersey’s casinos and entertainment. Borgata was founded as a joint venture between MGM Mirage and Boyd Gaming, and was later acquired fully by the MGM Resorts International Group in 2016.
It was no surprise then, that with the legalization of remote gambling in the Garden State, Borgata would be one of the first to launch their casino brand for online and mobile customers.
The Borgata online casino, or as it is branded: borgataCasino.com was one of the first gambling operators to launch their casino online in the US, establishing a partnership with online-gambling giant GVC Holdings in 2013, and being one of the first operators to apply for a remote gambling license as soon as online casino and poker were legalized in New Jersey on that year.
Being awarded the first remote gambling license in New Jersey, Borgata wasted no time to establish itself as a market leader, and launched a casino app that is constantly developed and sets the standard in many aspects of online casino apps.
In addition to the BorgataCasino.com brand, Borgata also operates BorgataPoker.com, which has one of the market-leading poker apps (with shared liquidity of other MGM poker sites and apps), and BorgataSports.com, which although being launched recently, is gaining force as one of the top sports betting apps.
Borgata Casino App Interface and Features
Right from the get-go, the Borgata casino app gives the same exclusive look&feel of the Borgata brand. Being a crown jewel in Atlantic City, the casino app manages to give you the exclusive and classy Borgata casino experience. The black background with purple keys and features sure does the trick.
Design is slick, with the Borgata Casino logo on the header, but still leaving enough room for some important menus and features that are great to have handy at the top of the casino app screen. Signing up, and logging on is easy and straight forward, no issues there, as the big keys on the top of the screen cannot be missed. The signup page and process is straight forward, and provides screens with steps, so you complete one screen and continue to the next. We found this to be a lot better than other competing casino apps that have small text boxes and require scrolling through the sign up process.
We especially liked the top menu with icons, which seems to give you exactly the access you need to the casino app features at the right time:
- Search: which as the name suggests, lets you find whatever you need throughout the casino app, be it game titles, help or any other item you need.
- Featured: this is a cool one we really liked, as it displays for you the hottest, trending and new games on the Borgata casino app.
- Exclusive: displays you with games designed specifically for BorgataCasino.com.
- All Games: enables you to scroll through all the game selection of the app.
- Jackpots: is another feature we found useful, to go in and compare which jackpots are the biggest in the Borgata casino app.
The Promotions section in the Borgata Casino app is also very good. Similar to the BorgataCasino.com website, the casino mobile app also provides a promotions section that lets you browse comfortably through the promotions based on vertical (so you have separate tabs for casino, poker and sports promotions).
We especially liked the “My Promotions” section, that displays for you under one tab the promotions that are relevant to your, and selects the promotions and bonuses you will should be interested in.
Although there is the ability to access the cashier and few your player balance and other information relating to your account, and it does take you to a loyalty section, we couldn’t find an option to redeem loyalty points on the Borgata casino app.
There are a lot of slot games to choose from (although considerably less than on the BorgataCasino.com website/desktop version), table games however are somewhat limited on the Borgata casino app.
We did like the game presentation, with a mix of famous titles from Williams Interactive, NYX, IGT and many more. Games are easy to find, and the layout and presentation on the Borgata casino app is good, crisp and easy to use.
We liked about the BorgataCasino.com app:
- Slick and elegant look&feel.
- Easy sign up process.
- Good selection of icons for easy navigation.
- Useful, tailored promotions section.
- Good selection of slot games.
Things to improve on the Borgata app:
- Can’t redeem loyalty points on app.
- Limited selection of table games.
- Game hotkeys on top repetitive.
- Less features and games on the Android than iOS app.
- Some game titles are slower to upload than others.
Borgata Casino App Games
As said, the most prominent games in the Borgata Casino are the slot games, where you will have tons to choose from in many different categories.
There is a pretty large catalogue of slots that BorgataCasino.com also offers on its mobile casino apps. Although not all the slots made it from the website to the app, but still there’s tons for you to choose from and enjoy.
You can choose to play from slot titles that were adjusted from land-based casino machines to online, from provides such as WMS and IGT, or slot titles that were designed especially for online and mobile casinos such as NetEnt, NYX and more.
- Slots: Borgata casino app include classics such as Cleopatra, different themes such as Day of the Dead, branded content such as Narcos, Anchorman, Guns N’ Roses and many more.
- Jackpot Slots: you will find on offer several progressive slots where every wager of every player will contribute to the jackpot, until it will be triggered, making things all the more exciting with prizes that sometimes hit the millions!
- Exclusive Slots: are game titles you will find only on BorgataCasino.com, or the other MGM casinos. These are games that were especially designed for Borgata and you can find them nowhere else.
- Table Games: which as we mentioned before are a bit limited, bit you will find a few versions of Blackjack, Craps, Roulette and quite a few Video Poker
- Live Dealer: with Blackjack, Roulette and Baccarat. The live-dealer section at Bortaga Casino is very limited and dull.
- Variety Games: again a very limited section of lighter games such as Slingo in different versions, a few Scratch Games and the likes, and that’s pretty much it.
- Virtual Sports: provides a small selection of virtual games, including Cars, Greyhounds, Horses, Motorcycles and Soccer.
Borgata Bonuses and Promotions
The Borgata Casino team sure knows their stuff when it comes to bonuses, promotions and player satisfaction. We found a great set of promotions that brought fun and excitement into the casino games, and were also very competitive and original compared to other casino mobile apps:
- Casino Welcome Offer – Sign Up and Get $20 on the house. Starting with the awesome welcome offer, you receive your first $20 just for signing up! Then when you go to deposit, BorgataCasino will match your bonus by 100%, up to $600!!
- VIP Leaderboard: you can opt in to collect points for playing on some cool games that Borgata chose from its portfolio for this challenge. The winners with most points on the leaderboard receive different cash prizes, with the top being a round-trip flight, accommodations at the MGM Grand and $2,000 spending money. These promotions change periodically, making things even more exciting.
- Daily Promotions: will let you earn different bonuses and prizes on different days of the week. Again, these constantly change, to provide you more excitement and fun.
- Poker and Sports Promotions: want to try something different? You can also access through the Borgata casino app some cool bonuses and promotions for poker or sports betting.
Borgata Casino Loyalty Program
The Borgata Casino Loyalty program is similar to all the MGM brands which operate under the same license, and is considered a very competitive program in the online casino marketplace.
The Borgata Casino iRewards program is designed to reward players with pints, every time they spend money playing games at the Borgata Casino. Every time you log into BorgataCasino and play with real money, iRewards Points (iRPs) will be added to your account.
The higher your loyalty tier is, the more points and benefits you will receive. The following are the iRewards different levels:
- Red: Entry level, where no points (iRPs) required to maintain.
- Red Plus: requires 150 iRPs/month.
- Silver: requires 650 iRPs/month.
- Black: requires 2,500 iRPs/month.
- Black Elite: requires 15,000 iRPs/quarter.
You can then use your iRPs in the Borgata Store to buy cool merchandise, redeem your iRPs for cash, get Express Comps, use points to participate in special promotions, and at the highest levels even use points for rooms, food, drinks and more in the Borgata Casino itself!
As one of the leading land-based casino brands not online in New Jersey, but in the US in general, and being part of the MGM fold, as expected Borgata Casino offers everything you need for easy and hassle free deposits, as well as safe, secure and fast withdrawals.
We are also happy to report that when we had questions about deposits and withdrawals, we were very quickly replied and helped by a very professional and knowledgeable Borgata customer-support team.
Here are some of the deposit methods available in the Borgata casino app:
- Visa and Mastercard (both credit and debit cards)
- Borgata Prepaid Play+
- ACH (echeck)
- Online Bank Transfer
- Pay Near Me (at 7-Elevens in New Jersey for example)
- Borgata Casino Cashier (at the Borgata Casino in Atlantic City)
- VIP Preferred Program
- ACH (echeck) 5 Business Days
- Check 5-8 Business Days
- PayPal 24-72 hours
- Borgata PayPlus 24-72 hours
- Borgata Casino Cashier (Borgata Casino in Atlantic City) 24 hours max
- VIP Preferred Program 24 hours max
So whether you are physically visiting the Borgata Casio on location, or you are playing remotely via the Borgata casino app or website, your banking needs are taken care of in the best way possible!
Borgata Casino was the first operator to receive a remote-gambling license for an online casino in New Jersey. And all the effort, thought and resources invested show that Borgata sees its casino app and website as a crucial part of its brand and a new way of reaching a new target market.
And what more, Borgata in partnership with GVC Holdings are not only doing things right, but also doing it in style, just like its land-based Borgata Casino in Atlantic City. So hopefully soon, players in more states can enjoy visiting the Borgata Casino from New Jersey, even if through their computer or mobile phone – it’s definitely worth it!!
- Classy and exclusive app user experience.
- Many ways to browse and find games on the app.
- iRewards Loyalty Program very clear and attractive for casino players.
- Great welcome bonus.
- Good selection of slot games.
- Wide selection of banking methods.
To be improved:
- Reward points can’t be redeemed on app.
- Many games from the website still need to be added to app.
- Some slot games are outdated.
- Limited table and live-dealer games.
- Some discrepancy between Android and iOS apps.
10 October 2019
Visiting a casino used to be part of a holiday, where you would need to fly, or at least drive t
04 October 2019
Having been banned in most of the country for many years, the USA is now opening its doors again
12 July 2019
Similar to wagering on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl, it was thought of as unreal when former NJ